How often do you stay in hotels or motels? Have you ever lived in an apartment building? If so, you might have worried about bed bugs in the past. For many people, bed bugs are just part of a playful phrase—don’t let the bed bugs bite. For many others, bed bugs are terrorizing creatures that come out to bite when you least expect it—when you are asleep.
Were you exposed to bed bugs during your stay at a hotel/motel or in your apartment? If you were harmed by bed bugs after you were unknowingly exposed to an infestation, you might have grounds to pursue legal action against the party or parties that caused your bed bug injuries and any additional harm that you might have suffered.
Did the negligent actions of a hotel owner, motel owner, or landlord result in your exposure to bed bugs? You might benefit from discussing your bed bug encounter with a bed bug lawyer in Virginia. Discussing your claim with a Virginia bed bug attorney could provide you with the information that you need to better understand your right to file a lawsuit for bed bugs in a hotel, motel, or apartment.
If you need more information about filing a bed bug lawsuit in Virginia, you must contact the experts at Bed Bug Legal Group as soon as possible. Bed Bug Legal Group is a law firm that handles bed bug cases throughout Virginia, including Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Richmond, and Arlington. Our firm is dedicated to handling bed bug claims that arise from infested apartment buildings, motels, and hotels. Our Virginia bed bug lawyers have many years of experience handling bed bug claims ranging in circumstances and severity.
If you would like to allow our bed bug attorneys to evaluate your bed bug claim and provide you with the information that you need to pursue your claim, you must contact our law firm to schedule a free consultation or a free second opinion at your earliest convenience.
Your Right to Sue
Can I file a lawsuit for bed bug bites? Yes, you can file a lawsuit for bed bug bites. However, you can only sue a motel or hotel for bed bugs in Virginia under specific circumstances. Consider the following:
- Bed Bugs in Hotels and Motels. Hotels and motels are some of the most common places to find bed bugs. The constant influx of guests and their fresh blood allow bed bugs to thrive. Can you sue a hotel in Virginia for bed bugs? Hotels and motels have the duty to take the appropriate measures to keep their guests out of harm’s way. For example, they must keep their rooms clean, disinfected, and free of infestation. Owners and managers must take precaution to avoid infestation; when an infestation is present, they must act to address the problem and keep their guests safe. Whether you stayed in Holiday Inn, Marriott Hotel, Motel 6, Quality Inn, Red Roof Inn, Super 8, Courtyard Marriott, Days Inn, Fairfield Inn, Hilton Hotel, Best Western, Choice Hotels, Extended Stay America, Red Lion Hotel, Howard Johnson, MGM, La Quinta Inn, or Hampton Inn, you could have been exposed to bed bugs. You could have been exposed to bed bugs even if you opted for an Airbnb instead of a traditional hotel or motel. Overall, if the motel or hotel owner was aware of the infestation or should have been aware of the infestation, you will likely have the right to file a bed bug lawsuit. For more information about your right to sue, you must speak with a bed bug lawsuit attorney in Virginia for bed bug bites in a hotel.
- Bed Bugs in Apartments. Could you sue your landlord in Virginia for bed bugs? Unfortunately, bed bugs are also common in apartment buildings and complexes. Tenants are constantly moving in and out; bed bugs could be introduced at any time. Can you sue your landlord for bed bugs? Yes, you can sue your landlord for bed bugs; however, you could only do so if your landlord was aware of the bed bug infestation. Consider the following example. You move into an apartment building and your entire family starts experiencing bites. You report your suspicion of bed bugs to your landlord, then you mention the problem to your neighbors. Some of your neighbors have also suffered bites and have previously reported the bed bug infestation to the landlord. If the landlord constantly failed to take action to address the problem, he or she could be liable for the bed bug injuries you and the rest of your neighbors suffered.
Can I sue my landlord for bed bugs in Virginia? Can I sue a hotel or motel for bed bugs? Regardless of where you were affected by bed bugs, you could pursue legal action. For a comprehensive discussion of your right to file a bed bug claim, do not hesitate to contact a lawyer for bed bugs in Arlington, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, and Richmond as soon as possible.
The Harm Caused by Bed Bugs
Why would you be interested in pursuing a bed bug lawsuit? Bed bugs, without a doubt, can cause extensive damage. The most obvious harm caused by bed bugs comes in the form of bites. These bites can cause mental and emotional distress. Bed bug bites could also result in dangerous allergic reactions. Many people also suffer from permanent scarring as a result of their bed bug bites. Just like the bed bug bites could cause mental and emotional distress, scarring could also result in long-term mental and emotional difficulties. A bed bug infestation could also result in the loss of personal property. Without a doubt, exposure to a bed bug infestation in a hotel or motel or an infestation in your apartment could cause more harm than just a few bites. If you would like to discuss your claim and the possibility of filing a lawsuit with our bed bug attorneys in Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Arlington, Norfolk, and Richmond, contact our law firm as soon as possible.
What Could You Recover?
What is the average value of a bed bug lawsuit case? What determines the settlement amount for a bed bug lawsuit claim against your landlord or a hotel? The type and amount of compensation that you receive depend on the specific details of your bed bug claim. For example, the severity of your injuries, the mental/emotional effects that you suffered, the income that you lost, and the personal property that you lost could all affect the value of your claim. In general, those who file bed bug claims are eligible to recover compensation for at least some of the following: medical costs, pain and suffering, lost income, property damage, and punitive damage, for instance. Bed bug claims have settled or resulted in verdicts of $40,000, $90,000, $100,000, $546,000, and $1.6 million, for example. Would you like to learn more about the type and amount of compensation that you might be eligible to receive? If so, do not hesitate to contact our law firm as soon as possible.
Undeniably, an attorney for bed bug infestations in Virginia and cities like Richmond, Arlington Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and Chesapeake could provide you with the guidance that you need to pursue a successful claim against your landlord or a hotel/motel owner. However, there are certain things that you must do to ensure that you can file a claim. Some of the important steps you should take are listed below:
- Photograph the bed bugs.
- Photograph your bed bug bites.
- Gather a sample of the bed bugs in a sealable container.
- Report the bed bugs to the landlord or hotel/motel owner.
- Contact the local health department to report the bed bug infestation.
- Seek medical attention.
- Get rid of the bed bugs (exterminate/take precautions).
- Keep records of important documents and dates.
Even if you haven’t completed all the steps above, it is important that you seek legal assistance with a bed bug lawyer for apartment bed bug infestations in Virginia. Our knowledgeable bed bug lawyers will answer all your questions, address all your concerns, and provide you with the information that you need to file a successful bed bug lawsuit.
Bed Bug Legal Group
For legal assistance filing a hotel/motel or apartment bed bug infestation lawsuit for apartment buildings in Arlington, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Richmond, you must contact Bed Bug Legal Group as soon as possible. Bed Bug Legal Group has dedicated many years to representing those who have been negatively affected by bed bugs. A bed bug infestation could do much more than leave you with annoying bites, it could flip your world upside down. At Bed Bug Legal Group, we are dedicated to helping all victims file claims and recover the compensation that they deserve.
If you are interested in seeking legal assistance or simply learning more about your right to file a lawsuit, you must contact our firm and inquire about benefiting from our free legal services. During our free consultations and free second opinions, you could meet with our lawyers and discuss your claim without ever worrying about expensive upfront legal fees. These legal services are available through our Zero-Fee guarantee. Our firm is also based on contingency, so you will not pay us anything until you win. Do not hesitate to contact our law firm to file your Virginia bed bug claim today.