Bed Bug Lawsuit Settlements
If you recently affected by exposure to a bed bug infestation at a hotel or motel, you might be wondering how much is the value of your case and how much your case could possibly settle for if you file a lawsuit. If you are in need of legal assistance to file a claim and recover compensation, you must contact the knowledgeable attorneys at Bed Bug Legal Group as soon as possible to discuss your claim with our attorneys and begin fighting for the settlement that you deserve. Below our attorneys will discuss a few cases to give you an idea of the average settlement for a bed bug claim.
The Average Value of a Bed Bug Claim
What is the average value of a bed bug lawsuit case? What is the average bed bug lawsuit payout that claimants could expect to receive? Victims of personal injuries, in general, are always interested in understanding the amount of money that they could receive for the injuries that they suffered—victims of bed bug bites are not the exception. What is the average compensation for bed bug lawsuits?
After being exposed to and affected by bed bug infestations, it is normal to want more information about the amount of money for bed bug bites that you could receive. However, it can be difficult to establish average settlements for bed bug infestation lawsuits—especially due to the variance in bed bug claim settlements and verdicts. Bed bug lawsuit settlement amounts vary significantly based on the details of claims. Although it is possible to make estimates in regards to average settlement amounts, estimates often do not apply to all claims. Therefore, you should be wary when trying to determine the average amount that might apply to your claim. Often, the largest bed bug bite settlements could result in misrepresented averages that mislead claimants. Bed bug lawsuit settlements are $200,000 to $500,000—but they could surpass these amounts on both sides of the spectrum. Because of that, it is important that you only discuss the value of your claim with an experienced attorney.
How Much Is a Bed Bug Lawsuit Case Worth? Sample Verdicts and Settlements
What is the settlement value for a bed bug bite injury? What is the typical hotel bed bug settlement? What are the biggest bed bug lawsuit settlements? The settlements and verdicts that bed bug claims achieve are specifically based on the claim’s details. Consider the following sample bed bug verdicts and bed bug settlements:
- $40,000—the victim identified a bed bug infestation in her apartment. After informing her landlord, it took approximately one month and a half before the apartment was fumigated to address the bed bug infestation. During the time before the infestation was finally addressed, the tenant consistently suffered bed bug bites.
- $90,125—a family of five moved into a duplex to prepare to welcome another member of the family. The landlord failed to inform the tenants of the existing bed bug infestation. As soon as the first night the family slept in their new home, bed bugs made themselves present and began biting all members of the family.
- $100,000—the victim rented a room in a hotel without knowing that the hotel was infested with bed bugs. In the one night that the victim stayed in the infested hotel, she suffered over 30 bed bug bites.
- $225,000—two young boys were exposed to a bed bug infestation. They suffered bites and rashes for many months until the boys’ mother identified the bed bug infestation.
- $382,000—two siblings unknowingly stayed in a motel room that was infested by bed bugs. The exposure to the bed bug infestation resulted in a number of bed bugs bites and other harm.
- $546,000—a family who was staying in a hotel was exposed to a bed bug infestation. Exposure to the infestation resulted in bed bug bites, rashes, and emotional distress.
- $800,000—the victim moved into an apartment without knowing that it was home to an aggressive bed bug infestation. The victim suffered innumerable bed bug bites throughout her entire body.
- $1.6 million—an entire family was exposed to a dangerous bed bug infestation. The exposure to the bed bug infestation resulted in bed bug injuries. The bed bug bites were so severe that a child was left with permanent scars.
- $3.5 million—a total of 16 past and present residents of an apartment complex filed suit against the owners of the complex. The bed bug infestation resulted in countless bed bug bites and a variety of other harm experienced by those exposed to the infestation.
As you can see, bed bug injury lawsuit settlements can vary drastically. The sample bed bug lawsuit awards listed above are just a small representation of all bed bug claims and their settlements. How much is a bed bug case worth? Based on the list above, a bed bug case can be worth $90,000 or it could be worth millions. Ultimately, the hotel bed bug compensation or apartment bed bug compensation that you are eligible to recover depends on the details of your claim; therefore, it is essential that you understand how the details of your claim affect your claim’s value.
The Factors that Affect Your Claim’s Value
What are the factors that affect the average bed bug settlement? How much money can you get for having bed bug injuries resulting from bed bugs? You can get $40,000 or you could get $3.5 million; the determining factors are based on the details of your bed bug claim. What are these factors? What could affect the amount of your bed bug lawsuit settlement?
Consider the following elements of your claim:
- The number of bed bug bites that you sustained.
- The length of time that you were exposed to the bed bug infestation.
- The severity of the injuries caused by your exposure to bed bugs (i.e. if the bites resulted in infections or scarring, for example).
- The time that you were unable to work because of your bed bug injuries.
- The mental and emotional distress that you suffered as a result of your exposure to bed bugs and your bed bug injuries.
- The value of the personal property that you had to throw out because of the bed bug infestation.
- The costs associated with any medical treatment that you pursued after the bed bug exposure.
The worth of a bed bug lawsuit case is determined by the factors above. For more information about how the factors above could affect the bed bug bite settlement compensations, do not hesitate to contact our law firm as soon as possible.
The Types of Compensation Available
How much can you sue for if you got bed bugs? You could sue for the amount that is appropriate based on the details of your claim. There are some factors that cannot be valued (such as pain and suffering, for example); therefore, what you recover could be much higher than what you demanded after accounting for non-economic damages. In general, the victims affected by bed bug infestations are eligible to recover some of the following categories of compensation:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Punitive damage
As you can see, there are many categories of compensation that are available for recovery. Like the value of your claim, the specific type of compensation that you could receive depends on the details of your claim. For instance, if your bed bug injuries did not prevent you from working and earning wages, you would not be eligible to recover compensation for lost wages. Likewise, if you did not suffer the loss of personal property, you would not be eligible to recover compensation for property damage.
Regardless of the details of your bed bug claim, you could be certain that the bed bug lawyers at Bed Bug Legal Group will always do everything within their reach to help you recover the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim. Do not hesitate to contact our law firm—our bed bug lawyers will aggressively fight for your right to settle your claim.
The Need for a Lawyer
How much can you get for bed bug bites? You can get $40,000 or you could get millions. The average value of a bed bug lawsuit can be $50,000 or it can be $300,000. The values associated with your claim do not just have to do with the details of your claim. Your claim’s value is also associated with the competency of your attorney. How much can you receive for bed bug injuries? You can receive $150,000 or you could receive $250,000. In some cases, the competency of your bed bug attorney makes the difference. You need a lawyer who can represent you successfully and help you recover the maximum amount of compensation available for your claim.
Bed Bug Legal Group
Were you or members of your family harmed as a result of a bed bug infestation? If you or your family suffered bed bug bites or any other type of harm after being exposed to a bed bug infestation, you should seek legal assistance as soon as possible. You could be entitled to receiving compensation for the harm that you suffered. Do you have questions about the settlement that you could receive if you file a claim against the party liable for the bed bug harm that you suffered? If you recently suffered harm after exposure to a bed bug infestation, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance with the knowledgeable attorneys at Bed Bug Legal Group.
Bed Bug Legal Group is a law firm dedicated to fighting for the rights of all parties affected by bed bug infestations. If you or the members of your family suffered bed bug harm after exposure to an infestation in a hotel, motel, or apartment building, you must contact our law firm as soon as possible. Our firm offers free consultations and free second opinions.
Our free consultations are designed for those who are interested in beginning their bed bug claims against the parties that contributed to their injuries. During our free consultations, our bed bug infestation attorneys will be available to answer all your questions and address all your concerns. Our lawyers will evaluate your claim and provide you with all the information that you need to begin your claim and start fighting for the compensation that you deserve. Would you like to schedule a free consultation? If so, contact our law firm as soon as possible to schedule a free consultation at your earliest convenience.
Free Second Opinion
Our free second opinions are designed for those who have already started their claims against the parties liable for their bed bug harm. During our free second opinions, our bed bug lawyers will evaluate your claim and provide you with all the information that your current attorney might have failed to mention. Unfortunately, many lawyers agree to handle claims even if they do not have the expertise necessary to handle the claim efficiently. If you mistakenly allowed an incompetent lawyer to handle your claim, your claim might have been misguided. Do you have any doubts about your claim? Are you confused about any aspect of your claim? Has the incompetence of your current lawyer prevented your claim from reaching a settlement? Our free second opinions will allow you to redirect your claim towards a successful outcome. If you would like to schedule a free second opinion, do not hesitate to contact our law firm today.
Our free consultations and free second opinions are available as part of a Zero-Fee guarantee. Our Zero-Fee guarantee ensures that our clients never have to worry about paying any upfront legal fees for any of our legal services. Our firm is also based on contingency; therefore, our clients will never have to pay anything until after their claim reaches a successful outcome. Al expenses will come from the settlement that you win, so you will never have to pay anything out of pocket. Contact our law firm today.