Sacramento – San Joaquin valley Infestation Lawsuit
According to ORKINS yearly bed bug report Sacramento and other cities in the Central and San Joaquin Valley including Stockton and Modesto rank amongst the top 50 bed bug infested cities in the United States. As a result of the failure of hotel managers and apartment building owners failure to properly inspect for and exterminate such infestations innocent hotel guests and tenants suffer severe bed bug bites. Victims of bed bug bites due to the negligent and wrongful practices of property owners and managers have the right to compensation for all their harms suffered.
About Our law Firm: The bed bug legal group is proud to provide legal representation for individuals who have suffered egregious harm due to the bed bug bites in during their stay in local hotels and in apartment rental units and tenant complexes. Our goal is to see to it victims of bed bug bites receive just financial compensation for the harms suffered. If you have any further questions after visiting our website feel free to contact our law offices by filling out the case evaluation form on the right side of this page. All confidential legal consultations are provided free of charge.
Proving Liability – How Can Hotels and Apartment Complexes Be held Liable for Bed Bug Infestations?
There are several possible causes of action possible to pursue a bed bug lawsuit against at fault parties.
- Breach of General Implied Warranty of Habitability: Under California a rental unit and hotel room must be fit for human habitation. This warranty assumes the property owners has inspected for infestations including bed bugs and taken remedial measures to exterminate harmful pests.
- Negligence Based Cause of Action: The vast majority of personal injury claims are predicated on a negligence cause of action. The basic elements of a negligence based lawsuit include, (1) The at fault party owed a duty of care. (2) The duty of care was breached. Failed to provide for a habitable living environment due bed bug exposure. (3) The breach resulted in the infestation, and (4) The infestation causes bites and other injuries to the victim.
Other Common Causes or Locations of Bed Bug Infestations:
Some other common caused and places where individuals can suffer bed bug infestations are as follows:
- Nursing homes and elderly care centers
- Child day care centers and schools
- Buses, commuter trains, planes, cruise ships and other public transportation entities
- Used furniture stores and rent to own furniture establishments
- Hospitals and hospice care facilities
- Long term living hotels, motels and inns.
What Damages Can I Sue for if Bitten By bed Bugs: Victims of severe injuries including bed bug bites are entitled to full and just compensation for all damages incurred.
Our Law Firm Works on a Contingency Fee Basis: A contingency fee basis means that our legal fees are based on a successful resolution of your case. Our clients do not have to pay for any of our legal fees out of pocket. Thus, you don’t pay us a penny until there is a financial settlement or jury verdict in your case.
All Initial Consultations Are Provided Free of Charge: Our law firm is able to represent individuals who have been bitten by bed bugs across the Central Valley and San Joaquin valley including the cities of, Sacramento, Stockton, Modesto, Fresno, Nappa Valley, and Bakersfield. If you have any further questions feel free to contact our law firm toll free. All legal case reviews are provided by our attorneys free of charge.