Ayres Hotels is a brand from the Ayres family company that deals with the hospitality industry. The hotels are known for evoking home-like feelings and European-style interior designs; they are primarily located in a few select locations in Southern California. Despite a stellar reputation, there is still the possibility that the hotel can be infested with bed bugs. Bed bugs are frustrating creatures that can torment a visitor and wreak havoc on a hotel. They are extremely hard to eradicate and may still show up months after their supposed demise. If you were staying at an Ayres Hotel and you woke up to find that you were bitten by bed bugs, you should take appropriate legal action. Our team of attorneys at the Bed Bug Legal Group will do everything in power to win your case for you.
What are bed bugs like?
Bed bugs are small insects that primarily feast on human blood. They can be present in any kind of environment, whether it’s dirty or clean. Many individuals confuse bed bugs with fleas, but fleas are slightly different colors and generally hang around animals or animal beds. Fleas can also jump extremely long distances, while bed bugs cannot. Here are numerous facts about bed bugs to pay attention to so you can correctly identify the creatures if you notice them at an Ayres Hotel:
- Bed bugs are small, only a little more than 1.5mm in size
- They have flat, round bodies that increase in size or engorge when they have had a meal
- They are brown in color but deepen when filled with blood
- They can only move by crawling
- They prefer to make their nests in damp, dark places that are nearby where their victims sleep
- They can survive for months between feeding sessions
- Their bites do not transmit diseases, but they can cause allergic reactions
- Bites appear as a zigzag pattern and may be raised red welts that itch a few hours or days after they occur
- The creatures have an anesthetic in their saliva that prevents victims from feeling the bites, and an anti-coagulant that prevents the blood from clotting so they drink uninterrupted for minutes at a time
- Bites often appear on exposed areas of flesh, like the hands, feet, neck, and shoulders
If you notice bed bugs at an Ayres Hotel, it is important that you take action to prevent being bitten or to prevent additional bites. The troubles with bed bugs can extend far past the scope of the hotel. It is possible that you could bring the bugs home with you and spread them around an apartment or your job, which could lead to a large-scale fumigation or extermination. You may need to throw out a lot of furniture and clothes because it has been ruined, and you might even need to stay away from home while the treatment happens.
It is crucial that you take appropriate action whenever you go to a hotel to search for signs of bed bugs.
What are signs of bed bugs in an Ayres Hotel?
Anytime you go to an Ayres hotel, you should investigate the room to see if there are any signs of bed bugs. If you do locate them, it is imperative that you avoid staying in the room. The bugs can be found in the following locations:
- Behind electrical outlets
- Behind picture frames
- Behind headboards
- Underneath box springs and bed frames
- Below baseboards
- In mattress folds
- In sheet bundles
- Inside upholstery
- In dresser and desk drawers
- Inside couch cushions
- Below chairs and seats
It may be time consuming to search these areas very meticulously, but it is worth it. If you do not locate bed bugs and you wind up getting bitten, your life could be a shambles for a few weeks. To identify bed bugs, search for the following:
- Bloodstains on the sheets or blankets, as the bugs would have left them behind after biting victims or you
- Small dark mounds that are actually the droppings from the bed bugs
- Oval-shaped, cream-colored eggs that are found in the dark locations
- Exoskeletons that have been shed from juvenile bed bugs
You should familiarize yourself with the indications of bed bugs so that you do not risk missing them and suffering bites. If you need additional assistance, you can speak with an Ayres Hotel bed bug lawyer.
What should I do if I find bed bugs in an Ayres Hotel?
If you find bed bugs in an Ayres Hotel, it is important that you take all necessary steps to distance yourself from the room, get evidence of the creatures, and put together a claim if you were bitten. If you were not bitten, switch hotels. You can follow these steps to guarantee a sound foundation for your bed bug lawsuit against Ayres Hotel:
Firstly, go to the doctor to get medical treatment to determine if you have any allergic reactions to the bites. While there, ask for additional copies of the medical receipt and doctor’s notes.
Be sure to take photos of the bites you suffered and ay signs of the bed bugs. Pictures of the creatures themselves will be the most beneficial. You will likely be unable to find any security footage from the hotel since the bugs are often found in rooms, but if you do notice that there are bugs in the common area or lobby, you could potentially demand the footage.
If there were other guests with you, you could collect their statements and testimonies. The more proof you have from other people that there were bed bugs, the more solid your case will be. You could also ask other guests if they saw the creatures in their rooms or if they were bitten. With enough plaintiffs, you could potentially file a class action lawsuit against Ayres Hotel.
Once you have gathered the evidence from the room, it is important that you go to the staff or manager to file an incident report. You should not accept any promotions, deals, or benefits to make up for the stay, as this can be used against you later. It is also very important that you file this incident report only after you have gotten your proof. If you try to do so beforehand, then management will likely remove you from the room and quarantine the area, thus preventing you from returning and getting necessary evidence.
After acquiring your proof, you should find a lawyer with experience in bed bug lawsuits against Ayres Hotel. You may not have any legal experience in handling such cases, and if you try to move forward with a claim, it is possible that you will lose or not get the maximum amount.
How much can I win if I sue Ayres Hotel for bed bugs?
If you file a lawsuit against Ayres Hotel for bed bugs, you could earn a fair amount of money. Your case is valued differently depending on the extent of the damages you suffered and how much they impacted your life and career. For instance, if you were forced to live out of a hotel for days after you brought the bed bugs home, you could receive additional damages there. We will seek to negotiate the fairest deal for you to bring the following:
- Medical bills to cover any treatment you received
- Lost income if you were unable to return to work for a few days
- Property damage to replace any items of yours that needed to be thrown away or replaced
- Pain and suffering damages to cover the emotional trauma, anxiety, fear, and other psychological anguishes that you felt after the incident
- Vacation reimbursement and payment of travel and hospitality fees
With the help of our attorneys, you will have the highest chance of success with your bed bug lawsuit against Ayres Hotel.
The Best Firm in Town
The Bed Bug Legal Group is one of the premier firms for handling bed bug lawsuits against any entity. We know the best methods for success and have a long history of winning claims for our clients. Our lawyers are known for being aggressive and for pursuing the proper compensation from start to finish. We are willing to fight around the clock and will go to trial if we have to for your case.
Call us today to set up a free legal consultation to discuss your claim. We will answer any questions you have and all you what we think your claim is worth. If you want to hire us to represent you, we will give you our zero fee guarantee as well. This promises that you won’t have to pay us any money at all from start to finish – we will only get paid if we win, and the money will come out of the settlement we take from Ayres Hotel. If we lose, we get nothing and eat the costs ourselves.
To sue Ayres Hotel for bed bugs, contact the Bed Bug Legal Group today.