Hotel Room and Apartment Lawsuit
Over the past decade bed bug infestations in hotels, motel rooms, and apartments in San Diego County have increased dramatically. Victims of infested hotel rooms and apartment complexes often suffer severe bed bug bites resulting in costly medical expenses, lost wages due to inability to work, ruined vacations and holidays, destroyed property and emotional trauma.
As a response to a growing demand for legal action against liable property owners and hotel operators our attorneys decided to take up the challenge of protecting the rights o bed bug infestation victims. Our goal is to fight for the rights if injured victims and see to it that justice is served and full financial compensation retrieved.
Recovery Available for Bed Bug Bite Victims:
According to California state personal injury laws victims of bed bug bite have the right to compensation for all losses incurred. Such losses include, medical and health related expenses, past rent, cost of hotel stay, emotional trauma, and physical pain and suffering.
Punitive Damages: The purpose of punitive damages is to punish a property owners or hotel managers who acted with reckless disregard for the life and health or residents. In many cases at fault parties knew of the existence of severe bed bug infestations on their properties and refused to take action to exterminate the problem or failed to properly warn of their existence.
Filing a Bed Bug Lawsuit in San Diego County Courts - How to Win Your Case:
The vast majority of bed bug litigation is based on a negligence case of action. Negligence require the showing on several elements.
- The property owner and or hotel operators owed a duty or reasonable care to protect a resident form bed bugs.
- The defendant breached the duty of care - failed to provide for a sanitary living conditions devoid of bedbugs or failed to notify of the preexistence of infestations.
- The breach of the duty resulted in bed bug bites and severe injury to victims.
Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit:
In some instances bed bug infestations in large apartment complexes cause injury to a large number of tenants thus warranting the application of a class action lawsuit. Class action lawsuits require certification by the court they are to be tried in. Certification requires the showing of several elements.
- Presence of a large number of claimants.
- The claimants have a similar issues of fact or law against the at fault party.
- The class representative is able to adequately represent the rest of the class members.
- The class representative has a similar type of case as the other class members.
Attorney Representation - Bed Bug Lawyers in San Diego and Surrounding Areas
Our attorneys are licensed to handle personal injury litigation including bed bug lawsuits across the State of California including San Diego and surrounding communities including Chula Vista, National City, Pacific Beach, Oceanside, Encinitas, Escondido, La Jolla, and El Cajon.
Free Legal Help
Contact us to speak with a bed bug attorney in San Diego. All legal consultations regarding your bed bud bite claim are provided free of charge.