Average Bed Bug Case Settlement - Value of Infestation Lawsuit
Bug bug outbreaks have taken place across the county placing residents of apartment complexes, hotel guests and other in danger of severe bites. Our law firm helps hundreds of individuals who have suffered severe bite injuries due to bed bug infestations caused by hotel managers and apartment complex owner who fail to properly inspects for and exterminate bed bugs.
One of the most frequent questions asked by our clients to our attorneys regarding their case is: "how much do you think my case is worth." or "what is the estimated value of a bed bug infestation lawsuit." Every case is different comprising of a unique set of factors which can play an important part in establishing a settlement amount for the injuries suffered.
Below is a list of the most important factors in determining the value of a bed but lawsuits. If you have any further legal questions after reading this article or would like one of our attorneys to provide you with a free case assessment contact our law offices at the phone number on the top right side of the page.
Important Elements in Determining the Value of a Bed Bug Bite Lawsuit
- The Number of Bites - and how long bedbugs were present in your hotel or residence during your stay.
- Medical expenses incurred - including emergency room and urgent care visits, dermatologists appointment and cost of future medical and rehabilitation care including cosmetic surgery for the removal of keloid scarring caused by severe bed bug bites.
- Emotional harm suffered - also known as compensation for pain and suffering or mental anguish. Victims of bed bug infestations often suffer serious debilitating emotional trauma including PTSD, depression, and anxiety disorders. Your bed bug lawyer will help you assess this.
- Property Damage - personal belongings including clothing, furniture and mattresses infested with bed bug will need to be thrown out or disinfected at great costs. Victims of bed bug infestations have the right to financial recovery for their damaged or destroyed belongings.
- Lost wages and loss of future income - victims of personal injury are able to recover for lost time at work due t injuries suffered. Again, your bed bug lawyer will help you evaluate this.
- Availability for Punitive Damages - Punitive damages serve the purpose of punishing the at fault liable party so that he/she will refrain from taking any future action that can cause harm. Punitive damages are usually awarded where the defendant has acted with either an intent to cause harm or reckless indifference for the life and health of others.
If you have any further legal questions feel free to contact our law offices. A bed bug lawyer will speak with you regarding your case. If you are located in Los Angeles, you will be speaking directly with a bed bug lawyer in Los Angeles.